Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #16: Wikis

I always wondered what wikipedia meant, now I know. I like the ability to collaborate, but at the same time I don't like giving the power to erase/edit info to people. Like in the sandbox, I accidentally altered the person's post before mine. I didn't change the content just the font and size, but I still felt bad about it.
I can use this many ways, and since I'll be a part-timer, it might be an easy way for me to keep my students up on their reading assignments on the days I'm not on campus. For example, it they could get some computer time during advisory, they could get on our class wiki and update respond to an online journal topic or we could do dialectical journals online. All sorts of possibilities, but they would need to have access, and that is the whole issue with me now.

No comments: