Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #7: Google Tools

It has been a while since I paid any attention to anything beyond the search box on Google. Fun useful stuff I wish I knew about when I had my Soc. St. kids conducting research on the web. The notebook is incredibly useful. I'm constantly cutting and pasting info from one site to Word or to xcel. Now I can just open my notebook and put it right there. No flipping back and forth anymore. I started looking into next summer's vacations: Tickets to Honolulu 969 Bucks! Ouch!!
Next, I set up alerts. I thought about a calendar, but I didn't want to let the whole world know what were up to, so I decided to keep up with current events and English football, and reading minilessons.

1 comment:

VWB said...

unless you make your calendar public...it will remain private! theo nly people thatcould see would be ones you give your sign on info.
Hawaii...lets go! it's only been about 20 years since i have been!