Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing#12: Commenting on blogs

I've always avoided blogs because certain members of my family like to email me blog stuff thinking it's the gospel. Blogs, especially political blogs, always made me very weary of the writer's objectivity, which is something I try to be faithful to. So, especially these days (election year), I continue to stay away from political blogs.

Professional blogs are something that I really haven't given much attention to until thing 12. I see the value and see the potential for immediate feedback which everyone loves. I'm sure it would be possible to find an edu-blog about any idea or subject I would need help with.

One thing that I did notice while reading all these sites on blogging was avoiding "preachyness".

I guess the blogs that I have read were heavy into the preachyness which really turned me off, especially if I disagreed. It'll be important to remember to be professional when I respond to blogs and to be polite, and to make sure I have something worthwhile to say.

1 comment:

Cheryl Laucher said...

You an interesting and intelligent blogger yourself!