Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #22: Nings

Now this is a site that I will use. Although my first glance at the topics list in the teachers' Ning made me feel like I was at a virtual teachers' happy hour and the locals were getting surly. Wow...but then I looked past that stuff, as I try to every year, and found some rather professional minded sites that caught my eye. I subscribed to one on classroom management, something all teachers can always improve on, so we'll see how it turns out.
I love the idea, and it keeps me from having to deal with Technorati for now.
I'm changing my mind about blogging. I'm willing to read what others have to say in a professional atmosphere, as long as they're professional about it.
It would be very easy to set up one for school issues, make it available to teachers and students, and see how it goes. It could be a very good lesson in debate and persuasion. Gee, I sound like I want to teach LA again...No!!!!

No comments: