Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #9: Useful Library Blogs and News Feeds

As it turned out, The RSS's (R.O.U.S.'s?) loaded me up with lots of news.
I was able to narrow it down some with the sites listed. However, some of these places were very confusing. I found the Google one easy to use, as is almost all the Google stuff. I think those guys put much thought into what they do before the put it out there, unlike MS.
The topix site was also pretty easy to use. I guess it used cookies on my computer to figure out I live in Cypress, and it gave me local blogs. I found out a bank was robbed in Cypress and some lady and her family saw 5 bright lights flying across the sky early morning July 5. The people responsible commented and explained how they did it.
I chose to search for blogs on teaching low SES kids and sure enough I found some. I'm looking forward to reading them.

No comments: